The Renting Homes Act is the biggest change to housing law in Wales for decades. It will change the way all landlords rent their homes to improve how homes are provided, managed and lived in across Wales.
Under the new law, United Welsh tenants will:
- Become a ‘contract holder’
- Be issued with an ‘Occupation Contract’ (this used to be called a Tenancy Agreement).
The new law will apply from 1st December 2022 and one way we must comply with the new law is by updating our paperwork. This means we must send you a new Occupation Contract.
The contract will explain what you can and can’t do as a tenant, and what United Welsh can and can’t do as a landlord.
Why do you want permission to send my contract electronically?
We would like your permission to send all documents to you electronically in future. This is because:
- We are reducing our carbon footprint and printing less paper is better for the environment
- It is easier to store files electronically, with less envelopes through your door
- It saves money, which can be reinvested into providing quicker, better services for you
Please also note:
- If you give permission to receive documents online, there may still be occasions where you receive some documents from us in hardcopy by post while we develop our systems, and occasionally when it is necessary for us to send a hardcopy
- If you do not give permission to receive documents online, there may still be occasions when you receive digital communications to notify you of things. For example, a text reminder of a pre-arranged repair, or a text reminder about rent payments.
How do I give my permission?
Reply to your text message or email from United Welsh.
If you can’t reply to your text or email but you want to give us permission, please call us on 0330 159 6080 then press 3, or talk to us on web-chat (click the blue circle icon bottom right of your screen). You can also reply in this short form.
How will you send my paperwork to me?
If you are registered on our tenant app TED, you may receive your documents in the app. Otherwise, we will email documents to you.
Not signed up to TED? Do it here.
I want to know more about the new housing law, the Renting Homes Act?
Find out more here. Our website and social media will be updated with news about the Act throughout 2022.