Thrive is United Welsh’s specialist accommodation and support service. We call our team ‘Thrive’ because that is what every person in our team is determined to help our customers do in life.
We take a strengths-based approach to working with people and providing homes. This means that we think people’s strengths, assets and enthusiasms in life are really important. That’s why we always try to work with people in a way that recognises their potential, abilities and individual journey in life.
- We offer a wealth of accessible, vibrant and comfortable sheltered and extra care living options for people aged over 55 through our Living Well service
- We work with a large number of expert organisations to provide specialist housing
- We provide shared accommodation and target help to people through our Community Hub Service
- We provide a range of supported accommodation to homeless people who are referred by their local authority
- We provide housing related support to people who live in the community and who may be at risk of losing their home
We work closely with a number of support providers to give help and advice. Some useful websites which also offer support are:
- Age Cymru which gives advice to older people;
- Mind which gives help to people with mental health issues;
- Shelter Cymru who give advice to people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless;
- Mencap who support people with learning needs and their carers;
- Welsh Women’s Aid who provide support and information for people experiencing domestic abuse;
- Scope, the disability equality charity; and
- Citizen’s Advice who give people advice on rights and entitlements.
There is also a wealth of useful information about supporting people available from the Social Care Institute for Excellence.