Fire safety is of paramount importance to us at United Welsh.
To keep you safe in the event of a fire, it is important to know the basic steps you need to take to make your home safer and to prevent a fire:
- Plan how you would get out if there was a fire. If you live in a house, make an escape plan and share it with family. If you live in a block of flats or have a communal area, get to know your building’s evacuation plan
- Test your smoke alarm regularly to make sure they are working and make sure all members of your family are familiar with the sound
- Don’t leave cooking unattended or get distracted while cooking
- Make sure candles are not on or near anything that could catch fire
- Make sure heaters aren’t covered
- Use a maximum of one plug in each socket and never use them if wet
- Close all doors, switch off and unplug your appliances such as TV’s every night. Keep your phone and any mobility aids close by if you need them
- Put out and dispose of cigarettes properly and never smoke in bed
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
If you have any concerns about fire safety where you live, or questions about what to do in the event of a fire, please get in touch. Our Neighbourhood team will be happy to help.