Empty homes can create problems for homeowners, neighbours, communities and local authorities.
- Create environmental issues
- Be a danger if dilapidated
- Look unattractive and ugly if they are boarded up
- Reduce the value of the neighbour’s property by as much as 10%
- Attract antisocial activity, including arson and the increased fear of crime in the area
- Discourage further investment in the area leading to neighbourhood decline
- Result in more ‘green field’ development as housing pressure increases
Please complete the form below if you’d like to report an empty home that is causing issues in your community.