Our Extra Care schemes in Caerphilly and Blaenau Gwent are designed carefully to allow older people to live independently in a home of their own with other services on hand if they need or want them.
The United Welsh schemes can benefit people who need an excellent living environment following a hospital stay, or provide a good option if your home becomes unsuitable due a change in circumstances. In short, our schemes help people take care of themselves for longer.
Main Benefits of Extra Care:
- Stay Independent – self contained homes with lounge, bedroom and private bathroom with level access shower
- Security of Tenure – assured tenancies to maximise tenancy rights
- 24 hour Emergency Support – peace of mind knowing help is on hand if required via Emergency Control Centre
- Personal care – access to on site care services to assist with daily activities
- Safety & Security – provided through advanced intercom, door entry and fire alarm systems
- Assistance – intensive on-site housing management services to provide help and advice in terms of tenancy
- Social Activities – make new friends and enjoy getting involved in variety of wellbeing activities
- Nutritious catering – restaurant providing freshly prepared daily lunch
- High quality living environment – including coffee shop, communal lounges, laundry, gym, hairdresser salon & landscaped gardens
How to apply?
You will need to complete a self assessment form which can be obtained directly from the schemes or via our Thrive team. Applicants already in receipt of personal care will be referred to the relevant Social Care provider for an up to date Needs Assessment in order to be considered for a tenancy.