If you have an empty home that is ready to let, we offer a comprehensive tenancy management service for an agreed management charge (not more than 10%).
There are no agency or sign up fees, and no hassle for you.
The rental income for your property will depend on the location and the number of bedrooms.
If all works are already completed and the property is ready to let, we can take away the hassles that come with being a landlord and offer you a full tenancy management package.
It’s simple. No initial outlay. No upfront fees. No tenancy management issues. You’ll get complete peace of mind from a reputable and leading housing association.
Tenancy Management Package
Once your property is ready to be let we will manage the whole process including:
- Marketing the property
- Carrying out accompanied viewings with prospective tenants
- Tenancy reference checks
- A Money Advisor visit to check the prospective tenant can afford the rent prior to being offered the accommodation.
Once a tenant is allocated we will:
- Take an inventory and photograph the property prior to letting
- Sign up the tenant to an Assured Short Hold tenancy
- Arrange a welcome visit within six weeks to ensure tenants have moved in without any issue
- Ensure utility companies and the council are notified of new occupier details and meter readings.
During the tenancy we will:
- Collect the rent offering tenants several ways to pay, including direct debit, standing order, payment cards, debt or credit card payments. If housing benefit is being received we can also arrange for this to be paid directly to us.
- Apply our rent arrears process if rent is not paid
- Serve any legal notices and attend court where necessary
- Inspect the property every six months
- Deal with all tenancy issues including any antisocial behaviour.
Maintenance during the term of the lease:
- All day to day repairs will be carried out by an approved contractor and the costs added to the homeowner’s account
- If any major repairs are required to the property during the term of the lease, the Leasehold Housing Officer will contact the homeowner to discuss before work is undertaken
- Tenants will have access to a 24 hour property maintenance emergency call out service
- Annual gas servicing is arranged and carried out via Empty Homes Wales
- The length of the lease will be determined by the works costs.
How to apply
In the first instance, please complete the enquiry form on our Help with empty homes page.
- To complete your full application, you will need:
- ID that shows your photograph i.e. passport, driving license card
Land Registry office copies
- A floor plan for the property
- A letter from the mortgage lender, if applicable, providing their agreement to the registration of the lease
- A copy of your Buildings Insurance Policy document which should make reference to United Welsh being an interested party and it being on a buy-to-let basis
- Utility company providers details
- EPC (Energy Performance Certificate), electrical certificate, CP12 gas certificate