Enter keyword and hit enter

Transfer to another secure contract-holder

A transfer to another secure contract-holder is when residents of community landlords decide to swap homes.

This process was formerly known as a mutual exchange. If you are on a secure contract with a local authority or housing association, you can apply to transfer occupation contracts.

It is only possible for you to transfer your occupation contract with another secure contract-holder if:

  • You aren’t in arrears
  • You haven’t breached your occupation contract

It is important that before any transfers have happened, all parties involved have requested permission from their community landlord first.

If you have found a match for a mutual exchange on Homeswapper, please complete the below transfer form and our team will be in touch.
Please ensure that all information is completed, otherwise, this can delay the process.

Application for transfer to another secure contract-holder

This application applies to United Welsh contract-holders wishing to exchange with another contract-holder of United Welsh, a Local Authority, or another Housing Association.

Please note: The form won’t be saved until it has been submitted. The form will have a four hour limit from when the page is loaded to be submitted. However if you close the browser (desktop), the data will be lost.

Your family details

I authorise United Welsh to provide information about my occupation contract, including the balance on my rent account, in order to deal with my request to exchange.

Details of the contract-holder you wish to exchange with (who is moving to your property):-

Please give the details of each person who lives with this resident

Details of the contract-holder of the property you wish to move to (If this is not the same as above):-

Further information

The transfer will not go ahead without written permission and an agreed assignment form signed by all landlords and contract-holders. If the transfer takes place before this happens, then all parties will have no occupation contracts and the properties will have been occupied illegally, so there would be no right to remain in occupation.

United Welsh will only approve a transfer if the following conditions are met:

  • All appropriate forms are complete, giving consent by all landlords
  • Your rent account and that of the contract-holder you wish to exchange with are clear
  • There are no possession proceedings against you
  • The Association’s property is in good order
  • The contract-holder you wish to exchange with will not be overcrowding the Association’s property
  • There is no conflict with the charitable aims of the Association
  • If your home has been specially adapted for use by a disabled or elderly person, the contract-holder you wish to exchange with must need these facilities
  • You are a secure contract-holder

If United Welsh withholds its consent, we will inform you in writing of the reasons within one month of receiving your application.

A United Welsh Housing Officer and Rent Officer will decide whether the application meets the conditions stated above, and will also provide an occupation contract reference and request an occupation contract reference for the incoming contract-holder. In addition to this, an inspection of your property will take place.