Reporting a repair
If you have a problem with your home then please let us know by contacting a member of the Customer Services Team on 0800 294 0195 or 029 2085 8100 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a request will be dealt with as soon as possible during working hours which are 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday.
If you require an emergency repair outside these hours ring 0800 294 0195.
We are responsible for keeping the structure of your home in good repair. This includes:
- The roof, outside walls, doors and windows and outside painting
- Gutters, rainwater pipes and drains
- Basins, sinks, baths, toilets and waste pipes
- Electric wiring and fittings, gas and water services, pipes and taps
- Heating, hot water systems, radiators, fireplaces, fires and storage heaters
- Lifts, stairlifts and hoists
- Shared entrances and door entry systems
- Internal walls, ceilings, joinery, doors, handles, window catche
But not any internal redecoration unless your tenancy agreement includes this. We will make good decorations that we damage during repairs
- Decorating the inside of the building
- Keeping the garden tidy including control of bushes, plants and trees
- Heating and ventilating the house or flat to prevent condensation
- Taking care there isn't damage by fire, frost, burst pipes or blocked drains
- Clearing blocked sinks and waste pipes
- The cost of replacing keys or door locks if you lose your keys
- Replacing plugs and chains on sinks, basins and baths
- Keep smoke detectors clean removing dust and protecting when decorating
- Testing the smoke detectors once a week and telling us if they don't work
- Letting our contractors in to do repairs or carry out safety checks
- Not making any changes to the house or flat, including putting up a satellite dish, without our written consent
United Welsh will ask you to pay for repairs if you or your visitors damage or neglect your home.
Once your repair is reported
We will order the work from our contractors. Sometimes our Maintenance Officers will need to inspect it first. Unless it is an emergency or very urgent we will write giving the name and telephone number of the contractor who is going to do the repair. The letter will also tell you what the job is, how long it will take to do and the job number.