Below you will find information about what constitutes a rechargeable repair as well as cost guidelines.
A rechargeable repair is one which arises from deliberate damage or neglect caused by United Welsh tenants, their family members or visitors.
The United Welsh Group (United Welsh and Celtic Horizons) will ask you to pay for rechargeable repairs.
Where the damage is of a criminal nature, tenants must obtain a Crime Reference number (not an incident number) from the police or they will be recharged.
Guidance on who is responsible for different kinds of repairs is available to read in the Tenant Handbook.
Examples of Rechargeable Repairs and Costs Guideline
Listed below are the most commonly requested items that our tenants report that fall under the remit of rechargeable repairs.
These figures are a guideline. They do not include VAT or processing charges:
- Lock change: From £81.04 - £103.61
- Board up a broken window: £24.03
- Blocked toilet: £29
- Blocked sink: £29
- Double-glazed unit under 1m2: £106.66
- Doubled-glazed unit over 1m2: £110.43 x size (e.g. 1.82m2 x £110.43 = £200.98)
- New front door: £567.77
- New back door: £472.92
- New internal door: £108.16
- New internal door: £154.27 (costs vary depending on type of door)
- Broken toilet: £197.34 (close coupled)
- Broken toilet: £183.99 (low level)
- Broken smoke alarms: £70.15
- Replacement key fobs: £12
- Light bulb replacement: £20
- Damage to kitchen worktops or kitchen units: Minimum of £100
- Reset trip switch: Minimum of £32.47 rising to £64.93
It is important to be aware of the potential charges involved in repairing or replacing these items.
In most situations, you will be asked for payment in full or to set up a payment plan before the works are carried out.
Please also note that the costs will vary slightly based on the situation and may end up costing considerably more depending on the circumstances.
We may also charge a minimum fee of £40 to cover administrative costs when tenants fail to keep an agreed appointment, where work is requested as an emergency and no access is available when Celtic Horizons or specialist contractors call within three hours.