The Thrive Community Hub provides shared accommodation and targeted help to people who are homeless in Cardiff as well as support to people in their own homes in four local authorities. We use the same approach in both services which is based on identifying people’s strengths and assets.
The strengths-based approach helps people take control of their lives with less reliance on ‘professional services’. We have a number of Community Link Workers and Assistant Community Link Workers who focus on:
- Building trusting and workable relationships
- Empowering people to take a lead in resolving their own challenges
- Working in collaborative ways towards mutually agreed goals
- Drawing upon personal resources of motivation and hope
- Creating sustainable change through learning and experience